Thursday, December 1, 2011

MY DEMI EE17

I finally found my 1966 Canon Demi EE17 that a kind neighbor bestowed to me around 2002. This is actually the first roll of film I have had the chance to shoot. When I first received the camera I thought it needed special film and just used it as an ornament.

Now having found it and taking more interest I have found out that it just takes standard film but shoots half a frame per 35mm frame. So you get double the exposures off a roll, hence the name "Demi" which is french for half. Comes with a fixed 30mm f1.7 SH lens which is awesome! I've seen 2 on ebay in Australia for around 200-300 bucks depending on condition. But this bad boy is in great nick.


Recently took a road trip to Forster with my mate Tass from el Motel and got the chance to test out this puppy. I had no battery so all exposures were guesstimated and as you can see I didn't do a lot of focusing. It actually has a shutter priority setting which I barely used but without a battery it may have been an issue anyway.

B













No comments:

Post a Comment