Wednesday, September 21, 2011

J.D. TURNS 90

I have a happy little tale to tell today. My girlfriends Pa, John Thompson or J.D. as his mates call him celebrated his 90th birthday a couple of weeks ago so I had the chance to shoot some snaps of his big night. The next day I went around to photograph him at his house.

As you can imagine after 90 years a person may experience a damn lot. In J.D.'s case this is certainly true.

John has made watches for american soldiers in World War II, built half of Cunnamulla and been to more countries than anyone I know. He has even been awarded the Order of Australia medal for his work with veterans.
 
I would say John loves golf but that would be an understatement. The green jacket in the pictures is an Augusta jacket, John's grandson was able to get Tiger Woods to sign it while he was working for Tiger at his Dubai golf course.

Oh he also loves mandarins, lollies and hand typing his correspondence.

Enjoy the trip down memory lane!

Happy birthday J.D.

B



1 comment:

  1. The last pic is my favourite and also the one of the medal held in his palm, great shots Brendon.

    ReplyDelete